- Attend, on average, two meetings in London each year, each lasting approximately two hours
- Offer advice and guidance on any changes to current practice
- Develop/review/update subject syllabus
- Agree exam content, ensuring its accuracy and relevance
New and challenging questions are continually required by the CISI in order to maintain the quality of its exams and learning material. Can you help?
- Use your skills and sector knowledge to write questions, at times that suit you and at your own pace
- Attend a half-day training course to learn to write exam-standard questions
- Earn £20 per accepted question
Experienced freelance authors with finance experience and who have published work in their area of specialism are sought.
- Updating workbooks in line with new syllabuses and any sector developments
- Ensuring that the syllabus is fully covered
If you are interested in becoming a workbook author, please email email@example.com
Freelance Workbook Author - role requirements
We are seeking experienced proofreaders and reviewers to review and proof our books. Can you help?
Workbook reviewers provide a detailed review of the workbook and feedback to the panel. Individuals with a high-level knowledge of the area are sought.
- Cross-checking the workbook against the syllabus
- Assessing the author's interpretation of the workbook
- Ensuring sufficient coverage of each learning objective
If you are interested in becoming a workbook reviewer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Freelance Workbook Reviewer - role requirements
Proofreaders are needed to proof workbooks both grammatically and also in terms of the format and layout.
- Checking for spelling and grammar mistakes
- Checking for formatting inconsistencies
If you are interested in becoming a workbook proofreader, please email email@example.com
Workbook Proofreader - role requirements
Join a CISI event committee (Forums, Interest Groups, Branch/ Regional networks)
The role of our hard-working committees is to support the provision of continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities and networking events for our members.
- Contribute to our annual CPD & networking event programme
- Attend meetings 4-8 times a year
- Offer advice and guidance on CPD topics
- Post news in relevant CISI LinkedIn groups
If you are interested in joining a CISI event committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Speak at CISI events
The Institute holds over 350 CPD events a year and continues to provide informative and interesting discussions, in order to fulfil our members' commitment to CPD. We are always looking for new practitioners to speak at events.
- Ensure the topic is relevant and educational to the audience
- Speak at a morning, lunchtime or evening CPD event in your region or be recorded for CISI TV
If you are interested in speaking at our events, please email email@example.com
The Review - CISI Membership Magazine
We regularly feature articles and reports in our quarterly print magazine and online.
If you would like to submit ideas or content to our membership magazine, The Review, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your idea/article is selected by the editorial panel.
Work experience host
We can connect your firm with students aged 16-19 who are studying CISI qualifications, through the provision of short work experience placements. Whether you are able to support one student or more, we can help connect you with motivated local students who are genuinely interested in persuing a career in financial services.
For more information on our work experience opportunities, please email email@example.com