Our full suite of examinations
View our full qualifications structure or use our qualifications navigator which provides a guide to professional job roles and appropriate CISI qualifications.
If you already know which exam you wish to take please select it below:
Pass Mark / Pass Rate
The current pass rate for this exam is and the pass mark is . The exam grades are as follows:
credits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework are awarded upon successfully passing this exam
The CISI is recognised as an awarding body by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). Ofqual is the independent education regulator for England. It gives formal recognition to organisations that deliver qualifications and monitors awarding organisation activities.
CISI qualifications regulated by Ofqual are listed on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF):
- CISI Level 2 Fundamentals of Financial Services (600/7731/1)
- CISI Level 3 Award in Combating Financial Crime (600/3958/9)
- CISI Level 3 Award in IT in Investment Operations (601/4285/6)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate for Introduction to Securities & Investment (500/6267/0)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Combating Financial Crime (600/3954/1)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Corporate Finance (500/6149/5)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Derivatives (600/2411/2) (part of the CISI's Capital Markets Programme)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Finance, Risk & Decision Making (600/7978/2)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Global Financial Compliance (600/3921/8)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Investment Operations 600/0715/1)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Islamic Finance (IFQ) (501/1273/9)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Securities (600/2061/1) (part of the CISI's Capital Markets Programme)
- CISI Level 3 Certificate in Wealth Management (600/2410/0) (known as the International Certificate in Wealth and Investment Management)
- CISI Level 3 Diploma in Finance, Risk & Investment (600/7833/9)
- CISI Level 4 Certificate in Investment Management (600/9262/2)
- CISI Level 4 Diploma in Investment Advice (501/0746/X)
- CISI Level 6 Certificate in Private Client Investment Advice & Management (500/6187/2)
- CISI Level 6 Diploma in Corporate Finance (600/6344/0)
- CISI Level 7 Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification (501/1603/4)
European Qualifications Framework
The European Qualifications Framework (EQF) is an overarching qualifications reference framework that links the qualifications of different countries and acts as a translation device to make qualifications easier to understand across different countries and systems in Europe. Individuals and employers can use the EQF to better understand and compare the qualifications levels of different countries and different education and training systems.
The EQF has eight levels which reference to Ofqual's Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and these are highlighted in the CISI qualifications navigator.
Further information on the European Qualifications Framework can be accessed here
How the CISI ensures its qualifications are fit for purpose
To ensure qualifications are fit for purpose, the CISI obtains input from employers, trade bodies, training providers, the sector skills council (the Financial & Legal Skills Partnership) and other stakeholders in all stages of the development and assessment of qualifications.
A panel of key stakeholders is appointed for each of the Institute’s exams. Each panel provides guidance on the development of each unit and meets at least biannually to review the syllabus and assessment content to ensure continued fitness for purpose.
Each panel reports to the Qualification Assessment Board (QAB) for the relevant qualification, which consists of senior representatives of each panel within the qualification. Each QAB subsequently reports to the Examinations Board (EB).
Find out more
What is MiFID II and how will it affect you or your firm?
Find information to help you or your firm fulfil the obligations set out under Articles 24 & 25 of MiFID II which come into effect in January 2018.
Find out more