The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) is delighted to announce that Jane Smith Financial Planning and Thomas and Thomas have achieved Accredited Financial Planning FirmTM (AFPF) status
The firms have joined an exclusive list of 69 Accredited Financial Planning Firms which have demonstrated their professionalism by meeting the highest standards of excellence in financial planning.
Consumers can find the list of AFPFs in their area by accessing the CISI’s Wayfinder website and inserting their postcode. For a firm to become an AFPFTM it must evidence or declare:
- The clear provision of a full Financial Service for clients, including cashflow modelling
- That their Financial Planning proposition is clearly communicated and promoted to clients within their marketing materials
- A consistent fee structure which is company-wide and communicated clearly to clients
- Policies and procedures which are consistent with the CISI’s Code of Ethics and Practice Standards
- A business structure which reflects a clear fiduciary responsibility to clients
- A clear and visible investment philosophy
- All staff are aware of the firm’s Financial Planning service and how it differs from financial advice
- Use of Paraplanner support
- On application at least 50% of the firm’s FCA registered advisers must be qualified as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (with AF5)
- At least one director/partner of the firm must be a current CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional
- All advisers directly providing the Financial Planning service to clients on the firm’s behalf will have been tested on their Financial Planning skills at an advanced level or will be mentored/supervised by such an adviser
- All advisers will be members of a relevant professional body and agree to abide by the body’s Code of Ethics and Practice Standards
Nicola Watts CFPTM Chartered FCSI, Director of Jane Smith Financial Planning (right, centre) based in Buckinghamshire said: “Jane Smith Financial Planning is proud to have achieved Accredited status and to be recognised as a leader in the profession, offering a full and effective Financial Planning service.
“To achieve this status, the CISI state that ‘Accredited Financial Planning FirmsTM demonstrate excellence in everything they do and are recognised as some of the most trusted financial planning firms in the UK. They deliver a comprehensive financial planning service, helping clients achieve their life goals. They are the leaders in their profession, demonstrating the ultimate in professionalism through the calibre of the service they provide.’
“This is music to our ears as we take great pride in putting our clients at the heart everything we do. We will continue to do this and strive to achieve further commendations in our profession that recognise what we do and how we do it."
Darren Lloyd Thomas CFPTM (left in photo right) Chartered MCSI, Managing Director of Pembrokeshire based Thomas and Thomas said: “We have always strived to be the very best in our profession. We believe that our relentless commitment to qualifications and client service naturally led us to want to become a CISI Accredited Financial Planning Firm. Financial planning is such an important skill that we believe needs promoting to the general public and we are very proud to join the elite group of great firms who carry this coveted title.’
Jacqueline Lockie CFPTM Chartered FCSI, CISI Head of Financial Planning said: “It’s a pleasure to welcome Jane Smith Financial Planning and Thomas & Thomas as Accredited Financial Planning FirmsTM. I am delighted that more firms are wanting to become accredited and recognise the value in having Certified Financial Planners within their firms who offer a comprehensive financial planning service to their clients.”
If a financial planning firm wishes to apply to become a CISI Accredited Financial Planning FirmTM or to renew please contact Jacqueline.Lockie@cisi.org