The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment’s (CISI) two-day annual Financial Planning Conference is back this year, bringing together the most inspiring speakers from across the UK and beyond to exclusively address financial planners in Birmingham, with 10 hours CPD available.
A Conference highlight will be the Financial Planning 2019 Gala Awards Dinner which will honour successful nominees with prestigious accolades, including the CFPTM Professional of The Year Award, sponsored by the Association of Investment Companies (AIC) and the David Norton Award for Building Excellence, for the most ambitious financial planning firm, sponsored by Dimensional Fund Advisors, Paraplanner of the Year, sponsored by Just and Accredited Financial Planning Firm of the year, sponsored by NS&I.
Opened by CISI Chairman Michael Cole-Fontayn MCSI, keynote speakers will include those from conference gold sponsors Martin Lines, Business Development Director, Just “The importance of working with vulnerable clients” and Stuart Podmore, Investment Propositions Director, Schroders on “Too Clever by Half: how intelligent people can minimise mistakes in the advice process”.
A compelling array of speakers and topics will feature across the three key conference streams focusing on your clients, shining a spotlight on your business and building technical expertise.
Other keynote sessions include:
- ‘Future Politics: living together in a world transformed by technology’ with Jamie Susskind, Author, speaker and barrister
- ‘Nothing happens…most of the time’ with Henry Schniewind, Avalanche and risk management expert
- ‘The Thick Edge of the Wedge: The future for financial services and the client service dynamic’ with Professor Deen Sanders OAM, ethics and professionalism leader partner, Governance, Regulations & Conduct, Deloitte-Australia and former chief professional officer at FPA Australia
- ‘Psychology of Persuasion and Influence’ with Philip Hesketh, Hesketh Talking
- ‘Money, happiness, and the future of financial advice’ with Brian Portnoy Ph.D., CFA, head of education at Magnetar Capital
Sessions featured in the Focus on your clients stream include:
- ‘Putting the client first: Looking under the bonnet of a financial planning firm’ with Sapna Nandani, Paraplanner, Chesterton House and Anja Turvey, System Developer, Chesterton House
- ‘Retirement: probabilities, problems and the power of policy’ with Amyr Rocha-Lima, Partner, Holland Hann & Wills
- ‘Countering financial abuse’ with Erin Linehan, Associate General Counsel, VP-Compliance, head of Dispute Resolutions and Senior & At-Risk Investors, Raymond James Financial
- ‘How to find out what’s really important to your clients’ with Andy Jervis CFPTM Chartered MCSI, Director, Chesterton House
- ‘The art of simplicity’ with David Swanwick, Head of Client Services, EMEA and vice president, Dimensional Fund Advisers
The Spotlight on your business stream includes:
- ‘Client fee agreements and contracts: the legal dos and don’ts, with Philippa Hann, Partner, Clarke Wilmott
- ‘Building your business via social media’ with Roger Whitley CFPTM the retirement answerman
- ‘Marketing your business: how to get the most out of what you spend’ with Laura Janes, Found and MD, Uniquity
- ‘How to grow your client base by acquisition’ with Sandy Robertson CFPTM Chartered FCSI, Acumen Financial Planning
- ‘The GDPR ready practice; what have we learnt?’ with Annabel Kaye, Director Irenicon, Speaker and consultant on Employment law and GDPR
The Get ahead technically stream includes:
- ‘Tapered annual allowance and the particular problems of funding for high earner’ with Clare Moffat, Head of Business Development, Royal London
- ‘Later life advice, IHT planning, keeping assets within the family’ with Tish Hanifan, Joint Chair, Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA)
- ‘The impact of Product Intervention and Product Governance’ with Rory Percival, Rory Percival Training and Consultancy
- ‘Portfolio stress testing’ with Dr Quintin Rayer DPhil, FInstP, SIPC Chartered FCSI head of research and ethical Investing, P1 Investment Management
- ‘Business Protection: Death never takes a wise person by surprise; they are always ready to go’ with Stephen Harold, Business Protection Specialist at VitalityLife
Running seamlessly through all of these themes are the critical fundamentals of integrity and ethics, which will be showcased by Rebecca Aston, CISI’s Head of Professional Standards’ session: What would you do? Ethics discussion and voting on a real financial planner’s dilemma.
Jacqueline Lockie CFPTM Chartered FCSI, CISI Head of Financial Planning said: “I would like to thank the fantastic team of committed CFPTM practitioners who have helped us shape this terrific line up of speakers, themes, trends and developments. Some of the sessions will be hard-hitting, awe-inspiring and eye-opening. We also have factored in some fun sessions to offer a rewarding and informative experience.”
Find out more information about The Financial Planning Conference here