The April 2020 edition of The Insights Review, produced by the Internal Consulting group (ICG), is out now. ICG is a global network of consultants, with the goal of aiding professionals in their career effectiveness and development.
The Insights Review is a collection of abstract reviews of relevant ‘open published’ perspectives and research reports. The abstracts allow you to scan quickly for the most relevant content, and include links to the full articles.
Message from David Moloney, editor of The Insights ReviewThis month we turn our attention to a curated summary of everything you need to know to respond to the pandemic from a commercial perspective. If there are some key messages or takeaways for us at ICG they are:
Responding early and decisively is a ‘no regrets’ move
- Displaying empathy and recognising that the office has been imposed on the home is critical to maintaining staff loyalty and productivity through the crisis and beyond
- It is the right time for right sizing again as pockets of inefficiency and ineffectiveness are exposed
- Doubling down on digital transformation is happening almost by default as workforces are visualised, and offshoring capabilities are proving fragile
- Corporate cadence has slowed significantly for many – injecting highly visible and highly productive unbundled consultants is a sure fire way to ‘gee up’ the management team
- The ‘next normal’ may never come – ICG instead recognises the concept of 'transformation as usual' as a better approach to develop the new target operating model.
We hope you enjoy reading it and please do get in touch with any comments and suggestions.
Read the April 2020 special edition