The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) has kicked off autumn with a compelling line up for its 2018 Financial Planning Conference, 1 – 2 October.
The annual two-day event takes place this year at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole, featuring a stunning array of speakers and topics across the three key financial planning streams of clients, business and technical expertise. One of the highlights of the Conference programme is the 2018 Financial Planning Gala Awards Dinner on 1st October.
The CISI Financial Planning Conference theme this year is “Changing Lives” which will be featured by keynote speakers from Conference Gold Sponsors AEGON and Standard Life, including Susie Logan, Head of Marketing, Pensions and Savings, Standard Life who will address on “Financial Wellness – The new employee engagement”.
Under the Focus On Your Clients stream, sessions will include:
- Interpreting body language – with Bob Malloney, Business Coach, Malloney Associates
- Using blended human and digitally-assisted advice with clients – with Keith Butten, CFPTM Chartered MCSI, Chartered Wealth Manager, Myers Davison Ginger and Warren Shute CFPTM Chartered FCSI, Lexington Wealth Management
The Spotlight On Your Business stream includes:
- Are you leading as a nit-picker or as a critical thinker? This session is presented by former bomb disposal expert Dominic Brittain of Cognitive Bias Solutions.
- How to cope with serious illness in the senior management of a financial planning business and still prosper. This unique overview will be based on a planner’s personal experience and led by Julian Gilbert CFPTM Chartered MCSI, Director, Wealth Matters.
- Attracting new talent and recruiting: ensuring the right people are on the bus and in the right seats! – with David Burridge of Paradigm Norton and Josh Butten CFPTM Chartered MCSI, Financial Planner, Myers Davison Ginger.
The Get Ahead Technically stream includes:
- Dancing with the devil of sequence risk – with Professor Andrew Clare, Associates Dean, Chair in Asset Management, Cass Business School and Stephen Thomas, Cass Business School.
- MiFID II – The impact on financial planning and wealth management firms, both large and small – presented by Paul Grainger, CEO, Complyport and Marc van Poeteren, Chairman, FPSB Europe
- Philanthropy workshop – presented by Tom Murray, Founder of Charityflow, Wealthflow.
- Employee ownership trusts – led by Graeme Nuttall OBE, Partner, Tax and Structuring, Field Fisher
The important areas of integrity and behaviour will be discussed during What would you do? Ethics discussion and voting on a real financial planner’s dilemma, led by Rebecca Aston, Chartered MCSI, CISI Head of Professional Standard.
Robin Keyte CFPTM Chartered MCSI, Director, Chartered Financial Planners and member of the FCA Financial Advisory Panel will lead a session on What we can learn from British Steel and how we can offer financial planning advice to those who need it but cannot afford an upfront fee, with Gretchen Betts CFPTM Chartered MCSI, Magenta Financial Planning and Wales branch president.
Jacqueline Lockie CFPTM Chartered FCSI, CISI Head of Financial Planning said: “This year’s conference has been designed by financial planners for financial planners and this is very much reflected in our fantastic line up of speakers and content. We have worked hard with our membership to provide a balance of soft and technical skill sessions. In addition to these must-attend streams we have some fun sessions planned and Alistair Humphreys, adventurer and author will share his insights and challenges experienced from his inspirational cycling journey around the world.
We are also looking forward to being joined during the Conference by CISI’s incoming Chairman, Michael Cole-Fontayn.”
You can book your place on the 2018 CISI Financial Planning Conference at