The CISI’s Financial Planning Gala Awards will be held this year at the CISI Financial Planning Conference 2017 at the Celtic Manor Resort, which runs from 25-27 September.
The Financial Planning Gala Awards, hosted by former BBC Journalist Penny Haslam, will take place on Tuesday 26 September, recognising the outstanding achievement of individuals and firms across the UK financial planning profession, and this year will include five individual awards.
Each award is independently assessed by a judging panel or an independent assessor and the results are based on merit alone.
Campbell Edgar CFPTM Chartered FCSI, Head of Financial Planning at the Institute said: “These awards are one of the main highlights of our Financial Planning Conference and offer an excellent opportunity to showcase the dynamism, achievements and standards of excellence attained by all CISI members, including paraplanners, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals and Accredited Financial Planning FirmTM practitioners. We eagerly look forward to assessing these examples of best practice.”
The five award categories are:
- David Norton Award – Now open for applications. Closing date 31 July 2017. The award is open to all UK-based financial planning firms that have identified a number of areas for development of the business. The staff within the firm need not be members of the CISI.
- CFPTM Professional of the Year – Open for entries from 5 June 2017. Answer the case study and submit entries to FPawards@cisi.org by 31 July 2017. Entrants must be CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals who are currently practising within a UK-based financial planning firm. Interviews for short- listed candidates will take place between 5-14 September in London. The award will go to the CFPTM professional who can demonstrate the best combination of strong technical knowledge along with outstanding financial planning and communication skills.
- Paraplanner of the Year – Open for entries from 5 June 2017. Answer the case study and submit entries to FPawards@cisi.org by 31 July 2017. Entrants can be employed paraplanners as well as those working in a freelance or outsourced role, as long as they are currently practicing in the UK. Interviews for short- listed candidates will take place between 5-14 September in London. The award takes account of the very broad range of skill levels and abilities paraplanners have, and ensures that all entrants have a good chance of success whatever their level of experience or knowledge.
- Accredited Financial Planning Firm™ of the Year – Open to CISI Accredited Financial Planning Firms for entries from 5 June 2017. Closing date 31 July 2017. Interviews for short- listed candidates will take place between 5-14 September in London. The award recognises the firm which has made the strongest impact on the financial planning profession over the last 12 months.
- The Tony Sellon Memorial Prize ‘Good Egg’ Award – Closing date 31 July 2017. Individuals are nominated by CISI members and the winner is decided by the CISI.
Entries for all the awards are to be submitted to FPawards@cisi.org by the submission deadline
Terms and conditions relevant to each Award category, including details of prizes, can be found on the respective Award listing pages.
Delegates to the CISI Financial Planning Conference 25-27 September at Celtic Manor will be able to secure a 5% discount if they book before 30 June 2017. To view the event website and book, please click here. For speaking and/or sponsorship enquiries, please contact email@example.com.