The CISI’s Financial Planning Gala Awards will be held this year at the CISI Financial Planning Conference 2017 at Celtic Manor Resort, which runs 25–27 September
Pictures from the Gala Awards 2016: Accredited Financial Planning FirmTM of the Year – Acumen Financial Planning; Lifetime Achievement Award – Paul Etheridge MBE CFPTM Chartered FCSI; The Tony Sellon Memorial Prize ‘Good Egg’ Award – Jane Wheeler, Chartered FCSI
Book your place at the Conference before 30 June 2017 to receive 5% discount The Financial Planning Gala Awards, hosted by former BBC journalist Penny Haslam, will take place on Tuesday 26 September, recognising the outstanding achievements of individuals and firms across the UK financial planning profession. This year we will hand out five individual awards.
Each award is independently assessed by a judging panel or an independent assessor and the results are based on merit alone.
Campbell Edgar CFPTM Chartered FCSI, CISI head of financial planning, said: “These awards are one of the highlights of our Financial Planning Conference and offer an excellent opportunity to showcase the dynamism, achievements and standards of excellence attained by all CISI members, including paraplanners, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals and Accredited Financial Planning FirmTM practitioners. We eagerly look forward to assessing these examples of best practice.”
The five award categories are:
- David Norton Award – Now open for applications. Closing date 31 July 2017. The award seeks to identify the financial planning firm which could benefit from expert mentoring and business support to help them make that final step up to the levels needed to become an Accredited Financial Planning Firm™. CISI accredited firms are not able to enter this award. It is open to all UK-based financial planning firms (excluding CISI accredited firms) that have identified a number of areas for development of the business.
- CFPTM Professional of the Year – Open for entries from 5 June 2017. Submit your response to the case study by emailing FPawards@cisi.org no later than 5pm, 31 July 2017. Entrants must be CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals who are currently practising within a UK-based financial planning firm. Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place 5–14 September in London. The award will go to the CFPTM professional who can demonstrate the best combination of strong technical knowledge along with outstanding financial planning and communication skills. It is open to all CFPTM professionals who are practising in the UK.
- Paraplanner of the Year – Open for entries from 5 June 2017. Submit your response to the case study by emailing FPawards@cisi.org no later than 31 July 2017. Entrants can be employed paraplanners as well as those working in a freelance or outsourced role, provided they are currently practising in the UK. Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place 5–14 September in London. The award takes account of the very broad range of skill levels and abilities paraplanners have, and ensures that all entrants have a good chance of success whatever their level of experience or knowledge.
- Accredited Financial Planning Firm™ of the Year – Open to CISI Accredited Financial Planning Firms for entries from 5 June 2017. Closing date 31 July 2017. Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place 5–14 September in London. The award recognises the firm which has made the strongest impact on the financial planning profession over the previous 12 months.
- The Tony Sellon Memorial Prize ‘Good Egg’ Award – Closing date 31 July 2017. Individuals are nominated by CISI members and the winner is the individual judged to have contributed the most to the financial planning profession, their team/firm, or CISI branch, over the year. The overall winner is decided by the CISI.
Entries for all the awards are to be submitted to FPawards@cisi.org by the submission deadline
Terms and conditions relevant to each award category, including details of prizes, can be found on the respective award listing pages.
About the Conference
The CISI Financial Planning Conference will take place on 27–27 September at the Celtic Manor Resort Hotel, Newport, Wales. This is a 'must attend' event for many CISI financial planning members and Accredited Financial Planning FirmsTM. It provides opportunities for personal and business development, quality structured CPD, the sharing of best practice, catching up with friends and making new connections.
Delegates receive 5% discount if they book before 30 June 2017. To view the full programme and speaker line-up, visit cisi.org/fpac17 where you can book your place, along with any specific sessions that you would like to attend.
For speaking and/or sponsorship enquiries, contact email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming old and new members to the conference.