How to enter
All Paraplanners practising in the UK are eligible to enter the competition which comprises four compulsory elements:
- Complete the online application formbefore 5pm 10 June 2016
- Complete the technical assessment provided by Wizard Learning, which is conducted online and live. A log in will be emailed to you within 5 working days of registration
- Complete the creative writing section – again an essential skill for Paraplanners - by submitting a 1000 essay on your choice of two set essay topics
- Submit a testimonial from an IFA or Financial Planner you work with to submit a recommendation outlining why they believe that you should be crowned Paraplanner of the Year.
The Essay Questions
You should submit your essay of no more than 1,000 words on your choice of the following two topics:
- What is a Paraplanner worth?
- Design a three year training programme for a trainee Paraplanner with no experience of working within a Financial Planning firm.
Shortlisted candidates will face a fifth element, as they will be invited to an interview with the judges in the first two weeks of September in London.
- Registrations for the 2016 Paraplanner of the year award are being accepted from 16 May to 17:00 on 17 June 2016. All entries must be fully completed
- The awards are open to employed Paraplanners as well as those working in a freelance or outsourced role, as long as they are currently practicing in the UK.
- Applicants do not need to be members of the CISI.
The deadline for submitting parts 2, 3 and 4 is noon on 10 July 2015
Want to find out what the judges think? Read the blog
written by Patrick Ingram of Parmenion on his observations as an award judge over the past two years. Find out why being IFP's Paraplanner of the year means more than just winning prizes