Applying for an exemption
Please ensure that you read the rules for exemption and that you send us all the relevant documents with your application.
Rules for Exemption
The exemption fee is dependent on the CISI unit that you are seeking exemption from and can be found on the relevant application form. All fees must be paid regardless of the outcome of your application.
- Candidates are only entitled to an exemption from one unit
- Exemptions should be applied for before you sit the first unit of a qualification.
- Applications for exemptions after the unit of a qualification has been sat will only be agreed if that exemption remains available at the time it is applied for.
- Candidates seeking exemption must offer a qualification which was obtained after 1st December 2001.
- Exemptions cannot be granted retrospectively for any CISI examination that a candidate has previously sat, regardless of the result.
- Exemptions will not be granted on the basis of work experience, or for qualifications that require gap-fill to meet the level required.
There is no automatic entitlement to an exemption. If the CISI determines that a qualification does not contain sufficient relevant coverage, an exemption will not be awarded.
If you wish to make an appeal against a decision made in relation to your application, you must do so in writing, within 14 days of the date of the decision. You must state clearly why you feel the decision should be reviewed.
The appeal fee is the same of the exemption fee, if the appeal is upheld the appeal fee will be returned to you. Following an appeal, our decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Please scan and email your supporting documents together with your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
3rd Floor, 20 Fenchurch Street