Financial Services Education Programmes for Year 12 and Year 13 Students
Are you in the sixth-form, interested in a career in financial services and want to make yourself stand out from the
The CISI will be offering free education programmes to Year 12 and 13 students attending
state schools or FE colleges in and around the following cities in academic year 2021-22:
This virtual one-year programme will provide the knowledge, skills, and insight to help kickstart a career in
financial services by combining the opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification and work
alongside individuals in the Wealth, Investment Management and Financial Planning professions via employability
You will study towards the CISI Level 2 Fundamentals of Financial Services qualification via 25 one-hour long online
teacher-led sessions. These sessions will take place at the end of the school day and will culminate in you
sitting an exam in the summer of 2022. You will also participate in five 90-minute online employability
workshops (Sessions will cover transferable skills, communication, writing a CV and interview skills) where you will
meet and work with local financial services professionals.
To apply, you will need to:
- be in Year 12 or Year 13 attending a state school or college from September 2021.
- have achieved a minimum grade 4 in GCSE English and Mathematics.
- have access to a PC, laptop, or tablet to attend online sessions.
- have access to a reliable wi-fi or internet connection (mobile data should not be used as videoconferencing will
use significant amounts of data and will become expensive).
- be prepared to travel to Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool or Manchester city centre to sit the exam in the summer of
- attend every session.
- commit to completing at least one-hour of work outside of sessions per week.
For more information about the education programmes and to apply/register an interest, please take a look at the
YouTube videos explaining more about the programmes and apply (Should take no longer than 7 minutes) using the link
to the online application forms below.